10Roof is currently seeking a full stack developer to join a very exciting software R&D group. This is a great opportunity to work on some really cutting edge software. The candidate must be comfortable working in a small, highly collaborative Agile team.
- Be a part of a research group consisting of data scientists, developers, and data architects creating, designing, and developing new products and features for an exciting big data analytics platform.
- Develop web based applications, Hadoop-based processing solutions, desktop tools and public code samples.
- Produce high-quality, maintainable software in a small, cross-functional team
- Manage application quality with integrated and unit tests
- Demonstrate feature functionality to internal and external user audiences
- Assist the core development teams as they integrate your solutions into the platform
- Assist in the development of end-user documentation
- Participate in daily stand-up and retrospectives
Possess several of the following skills/experiences:
- Ability to work in agile development environment.
- Ability to develop REST services and clients
- Comfortable working with data sets in myriad of formats and storage technologies/databases; such as HDFS, Hive, HBase, PostgreSQL, CSV, JSON
- Familiar with visualization tools and technologies
- Familiar with applications and programming languages commonly used in advanced analytics and machine learning; such as Python, Scala, R, SAS