10Roof is currently seeking a Sr. Front End UI Developer for a very exciting Denver based software company. This is a great opportunity to join a world class development team working on some innovative technologies. This individual must be comfortable working in Agile teams to design, prototype and build new products, and enhance existing products and tools.
- Help build and deliver quality front end applications
- Must be able to ensure high performance on both desktop and mobile platforms
- Help coordinate workflow between the designer and development team
- Work with the back-end developer in the process of building the RESTful API. Write code to communicate with external web services
- Write code that validates user actions on the client side and providing responsive feedback
- Translates designs and style guides provided by the UX team into functional user interfaces, ensuring cross browser compatibility and performance
- Contributes to the continual improvements of user interface, software architectures and new technologies
- Provides thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
- Work in Agile and Scrum environment
- Owns success- takes responsibility for success of delivery of solutions
Skills and Experience:
Possess several of the following skills and experiences:
- Ability to create self-contained, reusable, testable modules and component libraries
- Extensive knowledge of CSS and JS methods for providing performant visual effects while maintaining high performance.
- Ability to write non-blocking code, and ability to utilize advanced techniques such as multi-threading, when needed
- Creating custom, general use modules and components which extend the elements and modules of core JS framework
- Experience Creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments
- Experience in Java based design and development for a data centric application (SQL, JDBC, JPA)
- Ability to design and develop application code that integrates with backend REST and Hadoop eco system a strong plus. Experience with Java Web Services (CXF, JAXB) is a strong plus.
- Experience with Tomcat, Postgres and RDBMS.
- Experience working in a UNIX and/or Linux operating system environment.